Thursday 1 November 2012

The Task at Hand

 
The brief for this Cinematography Technology assignment is to create a short film; anywhere between three and twenty minutes long based around a single form of cinematography that is of interest to me. This blog is therefor to track to process of the piece as well as to document my research processes and thoughts on the work.
 
The piece must have a good sense on continuity and stick to the same themes and forms of cinematography throughout. These themes should show lighting, composition, focus and camera movement techniques, as well as conveying emotion, atmosphere and thought.
 
Throughout this blog I aim to show detailed and relevant research into the various techniques available to use as well as analysis of popular visual artforms. I will then test these techniques and come to a decision based on this research as to how I will carry out my final piece: Currently I am struggling to decided on how I would like my piece to look and hope to find inspiration soon.
 

Aims:

  •  To create a 3-20 minute video piece that follows a set style of cinematography, a theme and contains a constant lighting method throughout.
  • To create an online logbook or blog that documents all progress in the module with critial analysis and references throughtout.
     

Objectives:

  •  To complete and document research into cinematography, including lighting, styles, composition and themes.
  • To reach a conclusion on my final piece with regards to lighting, styles and composition.
  • To organise equipment and arange filming dates with an actor/actress.
  • To complete test footage to aid in creation of the final piece.
  • To film to final piece to a high standard.
  • To edit the final piece to a high standard.
  • To ensure blogging and critical analysis take place throughout.
     


No comments:

Post a Comment